Renaxis team introduces platelet rich fibrin (Alb-PRF). It is a novel regenerative bio-matrix used in the tissue regeneration and facial aesthetics.
WHAT IS PLATELET RICH FIBRIN (ALB-PRF) ?
Alb-PRF is a novel injectable regenerative composite that consists of autologous albumin gel and concentrated platelet rich fibrin (Alb-PRF). Alb-PRF is the latest development in the field of natural regenerative composites. The Albumin and Fibrin provide natural scaffold for leukocytes, platelets as well as newly formed tissue cells. It also contains vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), Platelet-Derived Growth factor (PDGF) and Transforming Growth Factor – Beta (TGF-B). These factors provide necessary micro-environment for healing and regeneration of injured tissues.
Platelet-derived-concentrates have been utilized in medicine for over 3 decades. There is substantial amount of scientific evidence showing the healing potential of Platelet-derived concentrates such as PRP. However, previous generations of these concentrates were associated with some challenges. First challenge was the need to add anti-coagulant to block blood clotting before processing PRP. These chemicals have been shown to inhibit healing. Another challenge was a short life-time of PRP. Most growth factors were eliminated or metabolized within a few hour to a couple of days. Lastly, previous PRP was only available as a liquid limiting certain application as liquid had to be injected into contained space otherwise it would leak out.
Alb-PRF is the latest functional matrix that overcomes limitations of its predecessors. It shows many characteristics of ideal biomaterial for repair, regeneration, or facial aesthetics. Here are some important characteristics:
- It is injectable which allows physicians to minimize access trauma to affected tissue.
- No need for complicated manufacturing. Alb-PRF can be prepared in the clinic and does not need to be manufactured.
- It can be used as a bioactive, natural filler – Alb-PRF forms “sticky” gel that can be used as a 100% natural filler and it does not easily leak out from the injury site.
- Biodegradable scaffold – Alb-PRF gel creates a natural scaffold allowing absorption of water that is necessary for proliferation of new cells. It is does not block the space for newly formed tissue.
- 100% Natural Composite – Alb-PRF does not contain any foreign substances or artificial components. That eliminates issues of toxicity or adverse immune reaction.
- Cyto-compatibility – Alb-PRF is friendly to your own cells. Albumin and fibrin have a long track record of being used in cell cultures.
- Bioactive composite – Alb-PRF is bioactive. It contains significant amounts of white blood cells as well as platelets. This reduces the risk of bacterial contamination and development of infection.
- Extended resorption properties – Albumin portion of the composite is processed in such a way that its structure is re-organized into a more dense structure. This extends resorption for up-to 4-6 months.
- Highest concentration of growth factors – biologic characterization of Alb-PRF shows that Alb-PRF has 10-15 times greater concentrations of platelets and leukocytes than the latest generation of PRF (aka i-PRF).
- Sustained release of growth factors – Alb-PRF contains the highest level of growth factors. In addition, these factors have been released from the material over a period of several weeks.
- Alb-PRF composite represents a functional matrix that is almost exactly mimicking and supplementing the body’s natural response to the injury. Alb-PRF maintains a normal environment and same relative proportion of cells that naturally aggregate at the site of injury.
CLINICAL APPLICATIONS OF PLATELET RICH FIBRIN (Alb-PRF)
Restorative Spine and Orthopedic Care
1. Knee & Hip Pain
2. Shoulder , Elbow and Wrist Pain
3. Degenerative Disc Disease
4. Back and Neck Pain
5. Annular Tears of inter-vertebral discs (ANNULAR TEAR TREATMENT WITH ALB-PRF)
6. Bulging and Herniated disc.
7. Sacro-Iliac Joint Dysfunction.
Facial Rejuvenation & Aesthetic Applications
1. Treatment of Unsightly Surgical Scars
2. Erase Skin Stretch marks.
3. Eliminate Acne scars
4. Skin laxity and wrinkles (Facial and/or Neck Rejuvenation)
5. Treatment of aging lips (plumping the lips)
6. Softening marionette lines
7. Hair loss treatment
For more information about Facial rejuvenation & Aesthetic Applications visit https://prfinjectionmd.com